Soothing Prenatal Massage
Pregnancy is a wonderful experience, but it can certainly cause physical and emotional discomfort. Coventina Day Spa offers prenatal massage to women in the Erie metro area to help resolve pain and stress associated with pregnancy. Prenatal massage has been used for centuries with positive results. As with any other form of massage therapy, however, there are both benefits and precautions to consider.
Benefits of Prenatal Massage
The documented advantages of prenatal massage are extensive and vary from person to person. They may include the following:
- Drug-free alleviation of pain on joints and pain in the lower back, upper back, hips, legs, neck, head, and muscles
- Assistance in minimizing nausea, fatigue, and heartburn
- Increase in circulation, which can help control blood pressure
- Stabilization of hormones to help relieve depression and/or anxiety
- Promotion of stress relief and relaxation
- Maintenance and alignment of posture changes caused by the baby’s weight
At Coventina Day Spa, our massage therapists use custom aromatherapy oils and gentle, nurturing touch to provide a safe, comforting experience with lasting effects to clients in Eric County.
Precautions for Prenatal Massage
Many people enjoy the natural healing properties of massage therapy, but precautions should be taken to ensure health and safety. The American Pregnancy Association confirms its potential benefits but stresses that those seeking it should use careful consideration and choose therapists who are trained to care for pregnant women. Our therapists are experienced in prenatal massage and offer 30- or 60-minute sessions to women who are past 16 weeks of gestation and have provided a doctor’s release for treatment.